Real Estate Sales Associate License Renewal

I am a Real Estate Sales Associate with one year since I got my license. What are the requirements for the renewal of my license?

The requirements to renew your license for the first time:

A sales associate must complete the 45-hour post-licensing course, within the initial renewal period, prior to the expiration date.

Failure to complete post-licensing education or pay the renewal fee prior to the initial expiration date will result in the license becoming null and void. After a license becomes null and void you will be required to re-apply for a license and retake the required pre-licensing education again if you would like to be re-licensed.

The requirements to renew your license after the first renewal:

A sales associate is required to complete 14 hours of continuing education every two years prior to renewing the license as long as it is not the first renewal. (Post-licensing education must be done in order to renew in the first renewal cycle.)

Failure to complete the 14hrs CE will cause the license to become involuntary inactive. You will have to complete the continuing education and pay the fees to renew. The department allows up to 12 months after the expiration date to complete the 14 hours continuing education and pay the renewal fee, which will include a late fee of $45.00. You may not operate while your license is involuntary inactive.

If a license goes delinquent for more than 12 months, but less than 24 months, the 28-hour reactivation education course is required as well as all renewal fees before the end of their 2nd renewal cycle. Failure to do so will result in the license expiring and going null and void.

See Section 475.182, Florida Statutes for more details and exact wording on Renewal of a license and continuing education.

See Section 475.183, Florida Statutes for more details and exact wording on License Inactive status