How do I apply for my Florida Real Estate Sales Associate License (step-by-step)?
You will be applying to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Please note the following when applying:
- Please note that your name on your application must be your name exactly as it appears on your social security card.
- Please note that your address on your application must be your residence address and not a business address.
- Please note that document uploads are only usually required if you must upload documents regarding criminal or licensing disclosures.
- Please note that criminal and licensing issues must be disclosed on the application.
Apply by Internet:
- Go to www.myfloridalicense.com
- Click “APPLY FOR A LICENSE”
- From the drop-down menu/list select “Real Estate”
- Click “Apply For A License”
- Click “Real Estate Sales Associate”
- Click “Initial Application-Sales Associate License (Form RE 1)”
- Click “Apply Using Online Services”
- Click “Create My Account” or log in to an existing DBPR Profile.
- Follow all instructions. A temporary password will be emailed to you. Then you will set a password you will choose.
- Pay the $83.75 application fee.
When you apply by internet – make a note of your User ID and Password. If you do not complete your application or need to verify your application you will need your User ID and Password. To view or complete your application:
- Go to www.myfloridalicense.com
- Click “Licensee Login.”
- Enter your User ID and Password and click “Log On”.
The DBPR’s telephone number is 850-487-1395.
Applicants must contact Pearson VUE to have their fingerprints taken electronically. You must have your electronic fingerprints taken for your application to be processed. You must bring two forms of signature ID and at least one of the ID’s must have a photo. The fee for the electronic fingerprinting is $54.55. Pearson VUE’s website is www.pearsonvue.com/fl/realestate and the telephone number for electronic fingerprinting is 877-238-8232. The payment receipt for fingerprinting may say L1 Enrollment or Safran MorphoTrust USA. You should be fingerprinted at the same testing center where you intend to test.
Although you may apply when you decide, we strongly recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible and have your electronic fingerprints taken as soon as possible. The DBPR will not schedule you for the exam. Once approved, you will receive an approval email. Check both your inbox and your spam folder for this approval email. Once you receive the approval email, you may then schedule the state exam. After you have both applied to the DBPR and had your electronic fingerprints taken if one week has passed and you have not yet received the approval email then call the DBPR at 850-487-1395 to ask if your application and fingerprinting is showing in the DBPR system and to ask if any further action is needed from you and to determine the status of your application.
The price to take the state exam is $36.75 per testing. Pearson VUE administers the state exam. Pearson VUE’s website is www.pearsonvue.com/fl/realestate and the telephone numbers to schedule your state exam are 888-204-6230 or 888-204-6289. You must successfully complete the course before taking the state exam but you may schedule your state exam before you complete the course. If the state exam date you are given is too far into the future login to your Pearson VUE account and use the reschedule button to check to see if you are able to change your test date. Alternatively, call Pearson VUE each day and ask if you may move your exam date closer. You must present the course completion report and two forms of signature ID and at least one of the ID’s must have a photo to test at the Pearson VUE testing center. You should also take with you the following type of calculator: simple, silent, battery-operated or battery-operated plus solar (dual power) but not solar only, nonprinting, nonprogrammable and without an alphabetic keypad.
For a pdf tutorial of DBPR on how to create your online account click here
Credits for this information: Tony Mesa @ https://www.tonymesarealestateschool.com